Semi-Frameless Glass Balustrade
The SG12 system comes in two options Semi-Frameless and Fully Frameless. The Semi Frameless glass balustrade has only a beautifully designed elliptical handrail on top and uses 21.5mm clear toughened glass. The SG12 frameless system allows for uninterrupted views without limitation of lengths or sizes and requires no posts at all.
Get an Online Quote
Choose below the number of sections on your balcony for an instant online quote.
SG12 Semi Frameless Balustrade System
Semi Frameless Glass Balustrade Section
Semi Frameless Glass Balustrades Installation
The below is a concise summary of how to install the Balcony SG12 Semi-Frameless System.
- Install the base track in the position you require, fixing it firmly to the structure.
- Make sure the rail is closed off on the edges and seal any gaps on the end or where there are joins in the base track. (the resin that holds the glass is liquid and you want to ensure it does not have anywhere to leak out of the base track)
- Identify the glass panels and where they each go.
- One at a time place glasses in position.
- Use small glass packers or wedges to hold the glass vertical against the base rail.
- Using two small wood pieces clamp one glass to the previous to create a straight line.
- When all glasses are in position and lined up, place the handrail on top of the glasses.
- Using the glass resin provided mix the two components and carefully, and slowly pour the resin into the base track. Please note that the resin is self-levelling. Reaction time is dependent on temperature and humidity; the warmer it is the faster it will cure. The resin has quite a thick viscosity and you should plan your work so you can complete pouring areas or runs continuously before it cures. (If doing sloped runs a different resin or material needs to be used and not a liquid one)
- Let the resin cure for at least 24-48 hours before any contact with the balustrade.
- Lift the handrail up from the glasses.
- Silicone the underside of the handrail and replace so that it glues it to the top of the glass.
Glass Balustrades Review | Juliet Balcony Reviews | Balcony System
Balcony systems provided excellent help and support throughout the planning process and the products fitted perfectly. Terrific value for mo...
Glass Balustrades Review | Glass Balustrades Terrace Reviews | Balcony System
An impressive quality of materials and a wide range of first class products with easy to understand installation instructions. ...
Glass Balustrades Review | Frameless Glass Balustrades Reviews | Balcony System
A stunning look from Balcony System's Glass balustrades that blends in with the seaside environment. Great quality of products and service....
Frameless Glass Balustrades Review | Glass Balustrades Railings | Balcony System
An excellent after-sale service by replacing a frameless glass balustrades that corroded. The replacement was far more superior in quality a...
Glass Balustrade review | Terrace Glass Balcony Reviews | Balcony System
A nice and modern enclosure for a small balcony. Balconette's glass balustrade is solid, stunning ans child safe....
Glass Balustrades Reviews | Glass Juliet Balcony Review | Balcony System
Modern look, clear and bright, brings in light. Thanks to the glass balustrades the balcony looks bigger....
Aerofoil Glass Balcony Review | Juliet Glass Balconies | Balcony System
A superb Aerofoil glass balcony for a patio. The product looks great and has a quality look and feel to it....
Glass Balustrades Review | Glass Balcony Reviews | Balcony System
Top class technical support and service. 20 meter glass balustrade along the balcony. It is of high quality and looks stunning, admired by a...
Glass Balustrades Review | Balcony Customer Service | Balcony System
Balcony systems great customer service helped with interfaces and installation of glass balustrades....
Glass Balustrade Terrace | Glass Balustrades Review | Balcony System
A beautiful house with a glass balustrade terrace that brings in light. An extremely stylish and pleasant terrace to sit in. ...
Glass Fencing Ideas
From traditional handrail glass fence panels to barely-there frameless designs, glass fencing complements a broad range of architectural sty...
Gold Certification and Hybrid® Glass Balustrading
Following its Gold accreditation, Balcony Systems was quick to secure the contract to supply a Hybrid® Glass balustrading system selected fo...
Glass Balustrades Compliance Checklist
Six important points to check when purchasing a glass balustrade. We hope it will be of use in sourcing your balustrading product of choice....
Self-Cleaning Glass Windows
Watermarks, dust and grime really show up in the sunshine. Instead of enjoying your day, you end up calling a window cleaner or getting out ...
Balcony Systems create glass balustrades along with handrails and sometimes, support posts. Our glass balustrades are supported at the top a...
Cool Composite Decking Accessories
Our cool composite decking accessories can save you an enormous amount of time when you plan everything out in advance! We have really thoug...
RSVP - Balconette's Open House Event
We’d like you to join us for our biggest ever Open House event on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th September 2018 from 10am – 4pm at our HQ in ...
Choosing Composite Decking
So you’re planning on adding composite decking to your home? Great plan! You’ve probably done the research between wood and composite deckin...
Glass Balustrades and Glass Balconies
Glass balcony systems put Balcony Systems on the map! We are very open with our costs as we believe this is one of our advantages too. A “gl...
Balustrading and wind Loads
Designing balustrades to meet wind load requirements is a crucial part of our job. Now, in BS6180:2011 it is required that wind loads are in...
Loft Juliet Balcony in London
Balcony Systems Solutions Ltd supplied a clear glass Juliet balcony for a South London family whose major home extension project was featured on Channel 4's Double Your House for Half the Money with Sarah Beeny. >>
Frameless Glass Balustrade
This low-maintenance frameless glass balustrade system uses nearly eight metres of SG12 21.5mm toughened laminated glass. The need for cleaning is reduced further with the application of BalcoNano self-cleaning glass coating â€“ an ideal choice for an outdoor balustrade. >>
So Much More Than a Curved Glass Door
Visitors to a new cliff-face extension at the Tate St Ives art gallery in Cornwall are brought closer to the Atlantic Ocean through an impressive curved sliding glass door. >>