ORBIT SYSTEM GLASS BALUSTRADE INSTALLATION
Written Installation Guide
The below is a concise summary of how to install the Orbit system glass balustrade. Please download and read the Pdf instructions and watch the installation video prior to installing.
- Place handrail on the floor in position to ensure that dimensions fit
- Mark lines for later positioning of bottom track
- Using a level, mark the handrail position at the correct height.
- Fix the stainless steel end angle brackets firmly to wall, do this both sides.
- Lift handrail and drop onto angle brackets
- Drill 4mm holes through brackets into handrail, fix together with 4.8mm self tap screws, do this both sides. If the balustrade is large or a shape that will sag, you will need to prop up the handrail until the glass is fitted and siliconed in place.
- Install/fix bottom track, use line made earlier. Ensure aligned with glass slot in handrail above.
- Remove glazing beads top and bottom, if in place.
- Dab silicone to hold two spaces for each glass.
- Identify glass sizes and where they are located.
- Use extra spacers to ensure the spacers are hig enoug to clear screw heads on the bottom track.
- Place glass in position one at a time.
- Use small pieces of glazing bead and 3mm rubber gaskets to hold glass temporarily in place.
- Place all glass in the same fashion with 4 small pieces of glazing bead and 3mm rubber gaskets to hold each glass.
- Once all glass is in place, use additional spacers to level out/align glass heights and gaps in between.
- Place spacers between glass and handrail to ensure handrail is not resting on the glass, to prevent sagging.
- Use silicone, to continuously and completely fill gap between top of glass and underside of handrail.
- Use silicone, to continuously and completely fill gap between bottom of glass and track.
- When silicone is completely dry, remove the temporary small glazing beads and rubber gaskets.
- Replace the full length glazing beads.
- Insert 3mm rubber gaskets into handrail and bottom track, between glass and glazing beads.
- Use soap and water to ease fitting of gaskets
Need an installer?
Contact us for details of Registered Installers in your area or fill in the online request here: Request An Installer Form
For any of your glass balustrade needs, please call 01342 410411